Material that has influenced me recently
Recently I transitioned into a product management and ownership role within my organization. In the past I worked in the capacity of Quality Assurance Engineering and Quality Architecture. The role now is more owning the Software Architecture as a whole across a wide business domain. These materials have helped me to understand and communicate the challenges the business faces with the many technology options that are available. The biggest challenge has been that any given architectural pattern may not apply to a specific business problem and connecting the two ideas is difficult and requires a lot of communication and listening.
The books and podcasts focus on business, clear impactful communication, software architecture, and product design.
- On Writing Well
- Thank You For Arguing
- Words Like Loaded Pistols: Rhetoric from Aristotle to Obama
- Never Split the Difference
Data & Software Architecture
- Creating a Data-Driven Organization
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications
- Production Ready Microservices
- Software Development
- Data Engineering / Software Architecture
- Personal Development