May 2023 Influences
Hey, it’s been a while. I’ve been doing some spring-cleaning and I wanted to mention some new influences I wanted to share. Some of these have been on my backlog for a while, but I wanted to share what’s interesting.
Books and Media
- The Science of Sleep - The Science of Sleep - Sleep, nutrition, and exercise are the core of your health, in that order.
- The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you - Talk to people about their experiences, and they’ll tell you how to validate an idea through conversation.
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals - There are only four thousand weeks in your lifetime, so use them well and find time to rest.
- How to Get Rich is a Netflix Series on finances. I learned every about finances from this book, I Will Teach You To Be Rich. Ramit’s book helped me learn to automate the most important financial decisions.
- 1000 Day Practice - I meditate for ten minutes every day and this practice helps me focus. It’s exciting that the science is proven.
- Building a Second Brain - In the Fall, I’m planning to run a book club for Building a Second Brain. In short, you should have a framework for capturing your notes and then practice a ritual habit for using the mnemonic CODE (Capture, Organize, Distill, Express). My hope is that this group can help pursue and encourage others to write and re-write more regularly.
You may have noticed a recurring theme: I am striving to write more frequently and improve my writing skills through practice. Please reach out as I’d like to build an audience around system thinking, software, testing, and the intersections around these topics.